Museums from across the South West are being invited to join others at a forum in Bristol on 26th March to mark 3 successful years of the SW Museum Digital Engagement Project.
You’ll have the opportunity to meet project participants to hear about their digital engagement successes, share tips and learn about how to overcome the challenges of staying engaged with your audience and putting collections online.
We’ll also be looking for Digital Champions – museums who have taken the next step with their digital engagement to make a real difference, and who can share their experience with others.
Speakers include Claire Sully and John Brunsdon from Tickbox Marketing – who led the workshops for the Digital Engagement Project, Mike Ellis of Thirty8Digital, Zak Mensah and photographer Hamish Gill.
Colleagues from Bridport, Corinium and The American Museum in Bath will showcase their achievements in using digital engagement to grow their audience.
Attendance at the event is free and includes all refreshments. The event is open to anyone working in an Accredited museum (or working towards Accreditation) in the SW.
Booking is through Eventbrite. You can sign up for the event here.
The SW Digital Engagement Project was delivered by Gloucestershire County Council on behalf of the SW MUseum Development Programme with funding from Arts Council England.
- 10.15 Registration and refreshments
- Welcome and summary of the project
- Moving on up 1: free software for customer relationship management – Claire Sully and John Brunsdon
- Moving on up 2: getting your collections online for free – an overview of software available at no cost – Mike Ellis
- Case study 1: Putting the American Museum in Britain’s collections online – Kate Hebert
- Lunch: a light buffet lunch will be provided
- Moving on up 3: Images are key, tips for taking images for online collections
- Case studies 2 and 3: creating our digital engagement plan, tips and what happened next at Bridport Museum and Corinium Museum – Emily Hicks and Amanda Hart
- Digital champions: could this be you? Sharing and discussion
- Refreshment Break
- Moving on up 4: Preserving digital assets, points to consider – Zak Mensah
- 16.30 Finish